March 30, 2023 / Mom &… Podcast Episode 113 / Guest: Addie Swartz
Subscribe and Review wherever you listen to podcasts!
Addie Swartz has been focused on helping women come back from career breaks since before the concept of a meaningful “career break” was really a thing. Her own career has been closely tied to her life journey, including figuring out how to manage motherhood, maternity leave, and a career (Including starting a company while on maternity leave!).
We talked about the obstacles moms face when making decisions about their careers, and how ReacHIRE came from the desire to facilitate the process of coming back after a break. This discussion is so close to our hearts, and our mission for the Mom &… Podcast. If you’re considering a break, on a break, ready to come back, or just want to know more about any stage of taking a career break, give this one a listen.
Looking for The Definitive Return-to-Work Playbook? Click here!
Topics From This Episode:
- Career breaks
- Maintaining skills
- Transferable skills
- Maternity leave
- Return-to-Work mentorship
- Working mom struggles
- Stay-at-home mom struggles
- Career break stigma
Look, Listen, Learn
- Good for You by Camille Pagán
- Happy mixes on Spotify (hop on Spotify and search for Happy mixes and/or playlists)
- Congressional hearings, specifically the TikTok hearing
- Who is Maud Dixon? By Alexandra Andrews
- Rising Together by Sally Helgesen
- School shootings – sadness, frustration. (Note from Mom &… Podcast: Learn more about ways to get involved here.)
- 28 Summers by Elin Hilderbrand
- Ted Lasso and Jeni’s Ted Lasso ice cream flavor, Biscuits With the Boss
- Waiting on college news and getting annoyed by fussy parents in Facebook groups
More About Addie Swartz:
A serial entrepreneur, Addie created reacHIRE to build a systematic pathway for exceptional women to get back into the workforce. Prior to reacHIRE, she founded two companies at the intersection of media, technology and education.
Addie started her career at Bain & Co. She has been featured in the Wall Street Journal, Inc., Working Woman Magazine, Child Magazine, Working Mother, Good Morning America, NPR and MSNBC. Addie also named to the Inc. Magazine 2021 Female Founders List in the category, “Lifted Other Women Up.”
Addie is a graduate of Stanford University, and received her MBA from Northwestern University’s Kellogg School of Management. She’s also the proud mom of two daughters.
For more about ReacHIRE’s story, click here and visit the links below.
Connect with ReacHIRE:
Connect With the Mom &… Podcast
- Please subscribe to the show wherever you get your podcasts! If you’re so inclined to give us a 5-star rating, we’ll love you forever. Who couldn’t use a little extra love?
- Leave us a message – via voicemail or use our form – with your questions for experts, or suggestions for future episodes.
- Check out our website, where you can find links to all the things!
- Follow our Facebook Page
- Join our private Facebook Group (All you have to do is ask to join, and then be nice once you’re in. So easy!)
- Follow us on Instagram
- Become a patron – check us out on Patreon!
Watch this episode on our YouTube Channel!
Our delightfully happy intro and outro theme music, “We Will Get Through This” is performed by Young Presidents, and used under license from Shutterstock.
Transcript is auto-generated by a robot. Apologies in advance for misspellings or errors.