January 27, 2022 / Mom &… Podcast Episode 55 / Guest: Cara Harvey, Author of The 15 Minute Formula
Listen & Subscribe Using the Links Below
Cara Harvey returns to the Mom &… Podcast to talk about her new book, The 15 Minute Formula: How Busy Moms Can Ditch the Guilt, Say Yes to What Matters, and Conquer Their Goals. The title alone had us on board, immediately. We all need less guilt and more goal-conquering.
We talk about what Cara calls priority-based productivity, where we get rid of shame-driven goals and focus on specific moments and seasons in our lives in order to achieve our goals. One of the many things Cara said that had us nodding our heads was that sometimes the answer isn’t “no, it’s not right now.”
The new book covers Cara’s Five Pillars of Productivity and helps readers learn to block schedule, and manage their time so that it works for them, not against them.
More About Cara Harvey
Cara is a mom and… wife, online mentor, and host of the Purpose Driven Mom podcast where she helps overwhelmed moms learn time management and productivity skills so they can create systems to streamline their homes and lives. She has been married to her husband Ron for 6 years and lives with her 15 year old stepson, 6 year old daughter and 4 year old son.
Topics From This Episode (Complete transcript is available below… scroll to the bottom!)
- Mike Michalowicz
- Scheduling our work in seasons, based on our needs and our family’s needs, not based on what the calendar says we should do
- Where we get our affirmation
- National Novel Writing Month (NaNoWriMo)
- Intention in our work and in our planning
- Fun, and incorporating fun into our schedules
- Brene Brown
- Knowing yourself
- Eliminating “should” from your decision-making
- Vision board
- Taking time to dream
- Word of the Year
- Zibby Owens
- Megan Logan’s Self-Love Workbook for Women
Connect with Cara
- Buy the book!
- Free workbook to go with your new book
- Find workshops, templates, and more on her website.
Look, Listen, Learn
- Midlife Bites by Jen Mann
- Atlas of the Heart bookclub on The Sisters podcast
- Check your house for water damage – do it every fall
- Hire out all jobs that require being on a ladder
Connect With the Mom &… Podcast
- Please subscribe to the show wherever you get your podcasts! If you’re so inclined to give us a 5-star rating, we’ll love you forever. Who couldn’t use a little extra love?
- Leave us a message – via voicemail or use our form – with your questions for experts, or suggestions for future episodes.
- Check out our website, where you can find links to all the things!
- Follow our Facebook Page
- Join our private Facebook Group (All you have to do is ask to join, and then be nice once you’re in. So easy!)
- Follow us on Instagram
- Become a patron – check us out on Patreon!
Watch This Episode on Our YouTube Channel