Episode 37: Cara Harvey
“It’s not about perfection, it’s about intention.” -Cara Harvey
This… well, this is tough for ambitious people-pleasers. Throw in some Enneagram 9-ness, and the Mom &… Podcast hosts have a lot to learn about intentionality in our work.
Our guest this week, Cara Harvey, calls herself an accidental entrepreneur. After twice reaching total burnout, she found herself awake in the middle of the night, feeding a baby and ready to change for good. She says that at 3 am over a boppy pillow and a baby, she bought a domain that started her Purpose Driven Mom journey. You have to hear the whole story! Cara and her family worked hard for their careers and lifestyle.
We learned so much about prioritizing productivity and management without shaming ourselves when we need a break. Cara walked us through a five-step goal process that includes things like time blocking and thought-catching. We know, the idea of catching your thoughts may be pretty daunting some days. Thanks to Cara, we know how to do it now, and you will, too.
A couple of our favorite takeaways included, (1) figuring out your micro-priorities each day, or week, or month; and (2) When you’re juggling too many balls, it helps to know which balls are glass, shattering when dropped, and which are rubber, bouncing back when dropped.
We can’t wait to hear about your favorite takeaways!
More About Cara
Cara is a mom and… wife, online mentor, and host of the Purpose Driven Mom podcast where she helps overwhelmed moms learn time management and productivity skills so they can create systems to streamline their homes and lives. She has been married to her husband Ron for 6 years and lives with her 15 year old stepson, 6 year old daughter and 4 year old son.
People, Places and Things That Come Up
- How to Be A Person by Catherine Newman
Our Looks, Listens, and Learns
- Steal Like an Artist by Austin Kleon
- Pocket People (you just have to listen for this one)
- We Were Never Here by Andrea Bartz
Connect with Cara:
How to chat with us, or follow us, and support us!
- We want to hear from you, and we are also excited about talking to someone other than ourselves.
- Please subscribe to the podcast wherever you get your podcasts! If you’re so inclined to give us a 5-star rating, we’ll love you forever. Who couldn’t use a little extra love?
- Leave us a message – via voicemail or use our form – with your questions for experts, or suggestions for future episodes.
- Check out our website, where you can find links to all the things!
- Follow our Facebook Page
- Join our private Facebook Group (All you have to do is ask to join, and then be nice once you’re in. So easy!)
- Follow us on Instagram
- Become a patron – check us out on Patreon!