July 14, 2022 / Mom &… Podcast Episode 79 / Kick-Start Your Midlife with Guests: Founders of EvolveMe, Linda Lautenberg and Judy Schoenberg
Subscribe and Rate Our Show Wherever You Listen to Podcasts
Welcome to Week 4 of Summer Camp for Moms! We are currently running a month of re-plays focused on helping moms discover and develop their passions while their kids are off doing that same thing at their own camps this summer.
This week we are running an encore presentation of our episode with the founders of EvolveMe, a network that helps mid-career women kick-start their career transformation through curated programming and support from each other.
Original Show Notes:
Our guests this week are Judy Schoenberg & Linda Lautenberg, founders of EvolveMe, a network developed specifically for mid-life women facing a pivot or relaunch.
People who need to drop everything and listen right now (we mean it, now!) include, but are not limited to:
- Women who have been home in the primary caregiver role, and are now ready to get back out there.
- Women who are ready to change careers.
- Women who can’t remember what lights them up.
- Women who have no idea who they are anymore.
- Women who do not want to face the next chapter alone.
Not in mid-life yet? Don’t worry, you will be one day, so get prepared now. Past mid-life? Nope, you’re not. Mid-life is as much mindset as it is age.
Our conversation was enlightening, and so much fun. We felt an instant kinship with Judy and Linda, because they’ve been where we’ve been. They understand where you’re coming from, too.
We talked about the identity crisis that comes with leaving a career, or changing course, no matter what your reason for making that decision. Early in the episode, Linda talks about going back to her Harvard Business School reunion and nearly every woman was apologizing for something: working, not working, doing something in a way they felt wasn’t “right” or for which they’d face judgment.
Isn’t that eye-opening? Here were women with Harvard degrees, questioning all of their decisions.
That’s where Judy and Linda, and EvolveMe, come in. You don’t have to be alone with your questions and insecurities anymore.
More About EvolveMe
Navigating a career transition can seem overwhelming and unachievable. Linda, as a returner after an 18-year break, and Judy, as a pivoter from a national non-profit, found the process isolating. They knew there were many women in the same position and yearned for a group of like-minded peers with whom to undergo the professional reinvention process.
After building out a program for women returning to work in the social impact sector, they came to realize the very real need for programming developed for the specific needs of women at mid-life. And thus, discovered their passion. Linda and Judy founded EvolveMe as a way to help mid-career women kick-start their career transformation through curated programming and support from each other.
More about Judy & Linda
Judy is a graduate of Harvard University and former national executive for Girl Scouts of the USA and lives in Brooklyn, NY with her husband, two sons and a feisty rescue dog.
Linda is a Harvard Business School graduate and a Chartered Financial Analyst. Prior to her own professional reinvention, she led a highly successful career in real estate finance and securitization. She lives near the Jersey shore with her husband, 1-3 kids (depending on college schedules), and way too many pets.
People, Places and Things That Come Up
- Great webinars and free tools available from EvolveMe! Go find out more!
- EvolveMe Reinvention Collective
- KJ Dell’Antonia, specifically that even the pros need coaches (listen to that episode!)
- Slack and Trello for project and time management
Our Looks, Listens, and Learns
- A Certain Age podcast with Katie Fogarty
- Finding Freedom: A Cook’s Story Remaking Life From Scratch, by Erin French
- Circe by Madeline Miller
- Discussion: Maybe Susanne is more of an extrovert than she thought?
- The Midnight Library by Matt Haig
Connect with EvolveMe:
- Take their upcoming webinar: Take Back Your Confidence and Take Control of Your Next Career Move, Tuesday, 9/21, 1pm EST
- The EvolveMe Career Reinvention Analyzer
- Facebook Page
Connect With the Mom &… Podcast
- Please subscribe to the show wherever you get your podcasts! If you’re so inclined to give us a 5-star rating, we’ll love you forever. Who couldn’t use a little extra love?
- Leave us a message – via voicemail or use our form – with your questions for experts, or suggestions for future episodes.
- Check out our website, where you can find links to all the things!
- Follow our Facebook Page
- Join our private Facebook Group (All you have to do is ask to join, and then be nice once you’re in. So easy!)
- Follow us on Instagram
- Become a patron – check us out on Patreon!
Watch This Episode On Our YouTube Channel
Transcript available upon request.