Episode 31: Gillian Behnke, Mom Camp
Gillian Behnke is passionate about helping moms create lives they don’t want to run away from.
If you’re sitting in a pile of unfolded laundry, or at a desk piled with the endless to-dos of your job, balancing all the things at home and work, you may be laughing at the idea of not wanting to run away. Like, maniacally laughing until you cry a little. Or a lot. WE GET IT.
Gillian talked us through what she’s learned in her own life, as well as what she’s learned from hosting her podcast and running Mom Camp. One of the major themes of this episode is taking care of yourself, making your health a priority so that you’re up to the tasks of life. What she told us about the snooze button was more than a little eye-opening (there’s a pun in there, but we snoozed this morning, so we can’t quite wrap our minds around it).
Regular listeners will not be surprised that we asked Gillian about her gratitude practice. It turns out that she, like all of our brilliant guests, makes gratitude part of her life. Gillian also shared how she creates, and then harnesses, energy. If you’re looking for a pep talk on balance, this isn’t the place. In this episode we talk more about harmony.
As always, there’s so much more. We know you’re going to walk away with an idea or two that keeps you from… running away. See what we did there?
More About Gillian
As a busy mom of two, Gillian cares deeply about helping other moms feel better both mentally and physically. She believes that motherhood does not equal exhaustion, and that it is possible to thrive mentally, emotionally, physically and professionally. Gillian is the founder of Mom Camp, a media and events company that empowers moms to live their best lives. She is also the host of the Mom Camp: Around the Campfire podcast. Gillian has worked in marketing and event management for over 15 years. She is a passionate problem solver and loves connecting people with the right solutions that will improve their lives and work.
Our Looks, Listens, and Learns
- DYING TO BE A GOOD MOTHER: How I Dropped the Guilt and Took Control of My Life & Parenting by Heather Chauvin
- Literally! With Rob Lowe
- 9-1-1 Lone Star
- Lost (family pandemic viewing)
- The White Lotus on HBO
- Always look in the disposal before turning it on: a life lesson.
Connect with Gilian:
How to chat with us, or follow us, and support us!
- We want to hear from you, and we are also excited about talking to someone other than ourselves.
- Please subscribe to the podcast wherever you get your podcasts! If you’re so inclined to give us a 5-star rating, we’ll love you forever. Who couldn’t use a little extra love?
- Leave us a message – via voicemail or use our form – with your questions for experts, or suggestions for future episodes.
- Check out our website, where you can find links to all the things!
- Follow our Facebook Page
- Join our private Facebook Group (All you have to do is ask to join, and then be nice once you’re in. So easy!)
- Follow us on Instagram
- Become a patron – check us out on Patreon!