July 7, 2022 / Mom &… Podcast Episode 78 / Slay Self Doubt with Guest: Katherine Wintsch
Subscribe and Review Wherever You Listen to Podcasts
Welcome to Week 3 of Summer Camp for Moms! We are currently running a month of re-plays focused on helping moms discover and develop their passions while their kids are off doing that same thing at their own camps this summer.
This week we are running an encore presentation of our episode with Katherine Wintsch, of Slay Like a Mother. This episode focuses on that big ol Dragon of Self Doubt so many moms have. Too frequently, we downplay our accomplishments, and feel like nothing is ever enough. Katherine’s goal is to help moms build such a strong foundation of self-love that they don’t need to rely on it from outside sources.
Original Show Notes:
Early in this episode, Katherine Wintsch says that she had the trappings of success on the outside, but felt hollow inside. If you, like we did, felt that punch directly in your gut, give this episode a listen.
We talk about the inner critic many of us deal with, and discuss ways to manage that often nasty voice. We also dig into figuring out what really matters to us, as individuals, and then using that knowledge to find focus in our lives. Katherine had us on the edge of our seats, leaning toward that Zoom window, because she has battled her dragon voice and shares what she learned with honesty and vulnerability.
More About Katherine Wintsch:
Katherine Wintsch is the founder and CEO of The Mom Complex where she helps some of the largest companies in the world such as Walmart, Johnson & Johnson, Pinterest and Chobani develop better products and services for mothers.
She is also author of the popular book Slay Like a Mother – which Parade magazine named one of the “top 10 life-changing self-help books of the year.”
Katherine’s sought-after research on women and mothers has been featured by The Today Show, The New York Times, The Wall Street Journal and Working Mother magazine.
However, don’t let all the accolades fool you. She’s also been through years of therapy, decades of self-doubt and more than her fair share of tequila. Thankfully, she tamed her “dragon of self-doubt” and now she’s helping other women do the same.
Topics From This Episode (Complete transcript is available below… scroll to the bottom!)
- Inner critic (or inner mean girl, or inner dragon)
- Strategies for overcoming your inner critic and self-doubt
- Tips for defining who you are
- How to take time for yourself without the guilt
Resources and Links From This Episode
- Martha Beck
- Video from the Slay Like a Mother website: Destroy What’s Holding You Back
- Slay Like a Mother book
- The Mom Complex
- Work Pause Thrive by Lisen Stromberg
- Cara Harvey
- We Can Do Hard Things podcast with Glennon Doyle
Look, Listen, Learn
Connect With the Mom &… Podcast
- Please subscribe to the show wherever you get your podcasts! If you’re so inclined to give us a 5-star rating, we’ll love you forever. Who couldn’t use a little extra love?
- Leave us a message – via voicemail or use our form – with your questions for experts, or suggestions for future episodes.
- Check out our website, where you can find links to all the things!
- Follow our Facebook Page
- Join our private Facebook Group (All you have to do is ask to join, and then be nice once you’re in. So easy!)
- Follow us on Instagram
- Become a patron – check us out on Patreon!
Watch This Episode On Our YouTube Channel
Transcript available upon request.