April 21, 2022 / Mom &… Podcast Episode 67 / Guest: Dr. Kim Hires
Subscribe & Rate Wherever You Listen to Podcasts
Show Summary / TW: Suicide
TW // Suicide from minute 3:45-4:08 of podcast and in first paragraph of show notes
If you’re thinking about suicide, are worried about a friend or loved one, or would like emotional support, the Lifeline network is available 24/7 across the United States. Call 1-800-273-8255 or go to the Lifeline website where you can chat with someone.
Dr. Kim Hires had what most would consider the perfect life: top-tier education, dream job, happy marriage, new baby. Yet, she was finding every day harder than the last, and no longer felt joy. At her lowest, she considered suicide.
Thankfully, rather than being the end, this was the beginning of Kim’s work in the area of burnout coaching. She now helps corporations and leaders learn how to prevent burnout.
After years of collective trauma, a lot of people are experiencing some kind of burnout, or burnout-adjacent, symptoms. This episode of the Mom &… Podcast is packed from start to finish with valuable insights into how you can heal your brain, and live a burnout-free life.
More About Dr. Kim Hires
Dr. Kim Hires is known internationally for her work on burnout, leadership, and education. She is a Leadership Burnout Coach, Speaker, Author, and host of the Leadership Antidote Podcast. She combines lessons from her life and career with formal analytical training to help Leaders develop the mindset and skills needed to become industry Leaders of today and tomorrow. Dr. Kim founded The Nightingale Firm in 2014 after surviving burnout and recognizing that Leaders are seldom trained on how to ensure their well-being. She is on a mission to help every organization in the world become burnout proof safe spaces where everyone can thrive.
As Kimberly A. Hires, PhD, RN, her professional career includes degrees and experiences from some of the top institutions in the US including Johns Hopkins University, the National Institutes of Health, and the University of Miami all before the age of 30! She is an award-winning professor and leader development expert. She is wife to an incredible chef and mommy to the most amazing child on the planet. She and her tribe reside in Atlanta, Georgia (USA).
Topics From This Episode
- Burnout – definition
- Signs of burnout
- Overflow effect of burnout
- Stress and stress hormones
- How to get help
- Brain health
- Healing our brains
- Asking for help
- Letting people help you
- People-pleasing tendencies
- Energy management vs. Time management
- The Miracle Morning
Connect with Kim
- @drkimhires on all the platforms, but TikTok is her favorite!
- Website – with links to contact information and ways to work with Dr. Kim Hires
Look, Listen, Learn
- The Walking Dead tour of filming sites in Georgia
- Turmeric shots (Recipe forthcoming)
Connect With the Mom &… Podcast
- Please subscribe to the show wherever you get your podcasts! If you’re so inclined to give us a 5-star rating, we’ll love you forever. Who couldn’t use a little extra love?
- Leave us a message – via voicemail or use our form – with your questions for experts, or suggestions for future episodes.
- Check out our website, where you can find links to all the things!
- Follow our Facebook Page
- Join our private Facebook Group (All you have to do is ask to join, and then be nice once you’re in. So easy!)
- Follow us on Instagram
- Become a patron – check us out on Patreon!
Watch This Episode On Our YouTube Channel
Transcript available upon request.