January 19, 2023 / Mom &… Podcast Episode 105 / Guest: Laura Vanderkam
Subscribe and Review wherever you listen to podcasts!
Laura Vanderkam is a time-tracking genius. Over the last seven years, she has tracked her own time and taught people all over the world to do the same. More importantly, she helps people learn why and how time tracking can change your life. It’s not just about keeping a spreadsheet of every little thing you do. It’s about taming the chaos and making meaningful choices.
Topics From This Episode:
- Sign Up for Laura’s Tranquility by Tuesday Challenge!
- Time Tracking
- Time Management
- Stay-at-Home Parenting (is there really such a thing anymore?)
- Scheduling “me” time
- Creating a workable schedule (think: a real bedtime… for YOU)
- Union Breaks, coined by @busytoddler
- Good planners, like these from Whitney English
- Using your good planner
- Identifying priorities
Look, Listen, Learn
- The Sex Lives of College Girls on HBOMax
- Learning to listen to our bodies and rest when needed. You don’t need a positive Covid test to prove you are really sick!
- Scary ChatGPT AI
- Puzzles! Shakespearean Insults puzzle
- Taylor Swift Midnights
- Learning about other people’s tracking experiences after the recent 168 Hours challenge
- Slow Horses on AppleTV
- I’m Glad My Mom Died by Jennette McCurdy
- Learning not to take overly long exercise breaks. It’s hard to bounce back!
More About Laura Vanderkam:
Laura Vanderkam is the author of several time management books, including the new Tranquility by Tuesday, along with I Know How She Does It, and 168 Hours. She is the host of the Before Breakfast podcast, and the co-host, with Sarah Hart-Unger, of the Best of Both Worlds podcast. She lives outside Philadelphia with her husband and five children, and blogs at LauraVanderkam.com.
Connect with Laura Vanderkam:
Connect With the Mom &… Podcast
- Please subscribe to the show wherever you get your podcasts! If you’re so inclined to give us a 5-star rating, we’ll love you forever. Who couldn’t use a little extra love?
- Leave us a message – via voicemail or use our form – with your questions for experts, or suggestions for future episodes.
- Check out our website, where you can find links to all the things!
- Follow our Facebook Page
- Join our private Facebook Group (All you have to do is ask to join, and then be nice once you’re in. So easy!)
- Follow us on Instagram
- Become a patron – check us out on Patreon!
Watch this episode on our YouTube Channel!
Our delightfully happy intro and outro theme music, “We Will Get Through This” is performed by Young Presidents, and used under license from Shutterstock.
Transcript is auto-generated by a robot. Apologies in advance for misspellings or errors.