January 26, 2023 / Mom &… Podcast Episode 106 / Guest: Megan Young
Subscribe and Review wherever you listen to podcasts!
Many of us automatically associate grief with losing someone, but as Megan Young shares with us, grief touches our lives in many ways. We talked with Megan about a couple areas of grief that we – and a lot of our listeners, maybe? – connect with: the “lost professional” grief and “mother needing to redefine her life” grief.
Megan knows first-hand what it’s like to walk through grief, and learn how to live with loss and transition. She shared advice that is applicable to so many situations. Though our conversation centered on grief, this is far from a sad episode. We were left feeling encouraged and equipped, and we hope you will, too!
Topics From This Episode:
- Life transitions
- Coping skills
- Coping tools
- Loss of pets
- Loss of work
- Loss of identity
- Sandwich generation
- Helping children cope with grief
- Getting to Neutral, by Trevor Moawad
- Calm-Down Time, by Elizabeth Verdick
- Enneagram 9 coping skills (or lack thereof)
- How to help grieving friends
- Covid-related grief
Look, Listen, Learn
- Lessons in Chemistry by Bonnie Garmus
- Fortune Feimster comedy special, Good Fortune, on Netflix
- How We Live is How We Die by Pema Chodron
- Wednesday on Netflix
- From Here to Eternity by Caitlin Doughty
- Tomorrow, and Tomorrow, and Tomorrow by Gabrielle Zevin
- Learning to control her email in-box
- Learn how to fight against anti LGBTQIA+ bills in Texas – Follow Texas Freedom Network, Amber Briggle and Informed Parents of Austin.
More About Megan:
Megan Young is a trained life coach specializing in life transitions and grief. Through her own personal story of loss, she has discovered the key to creating a fulfilling life alongside her grief and new life chapters. Megan provides her clients with guidance, tools and perspective while navigating grief. She is also author of the Life After Loss Workbook Series for human and pet death. Available on Amazon.
Megan and her husband have two sons (Lincoln & Townes), an elderly cat named Dudley and chickens. They reside in the Texas Hill Country outside of Austin. There, Megan loves to lend support and encouragement to her community, family, and friends.
Connect with Megan:
Connect With the Mom &… Podcast
- Please subscribe to the show wherever you get your podcasts! If you’re so inclined to give us a 5-star rating, we’ll love you forever. Who couldn’t use a little extra love?
- Leave us a message – via voicemail or use our form – with your questions for experts, or suggestions for future episodes.
- Check out our website, where you can find links to all the things!
- Follow our Facebook Page
- Join our private Facebook Group (All you have to do is ask to join, and then be nice once you’re in. So easy!)
- Follow us on Instagram
- Become a patron – check us out on Patreon!
Watch this episode on our YouTube Channel!
Our delightfully happy intro and outro theme music, “We Will Get Through This” is performed by Young Presidents, and used under license from Shutterstock.
Transcript is auto-generated by a robot. Apologies in advance for misspellings or errors.