March 9, 2023 / Mom &… Podcast Episode 111 / Guest: Natalie Borrell
Subscribe and Review wherever you listen to podcasts!
Our guest this week, Natalie Borrell, is a school psychologist and teen life coach. If you’re thinking that doesn’t sound like the typical Mom &… Podcast guest, you’d be right, and wrong. Everything Natalie teaches teens can also help adults.
This week’s needle-point-it-on-a-pillow moment was when Natalie shared one of her rules to live by: “Take care of your future self.” She taught us practical ways to take care of ourselves, with life hacks for overcoming procrastination and building resilience. Natalie has tips and tools for figuring out what you’re struggling with, why you’re struggling with it, and whether it’s something you can address by learning some coping tools, or if you need to seek professional help.
Natalie also shares some lessons learned in her entrepreneurial journey. Any listeners who have their own business, or want to start one, will get some wise advice.
Topics From This Episode:
- Pomodoro Technique
- LIfe hacks for procrastinators
- Coping ahead
- Techniques for learning resilience
- Starting a business
- Business coaching
Look, Listen, Learn
- Shrinking on AppleTV+
- Reputation audio book
- Needs ideas for new podcasts now that she’s not listening to her college planning podcasts
- Fun spring break activities, like ax throwing and glassblowing
- It Starts With Us by Colleen Hoover
- Dream Home Makeover and Studio McGee
- Zen Color app
- Poker Face on Peacock
- A Slight Change of Plans with Maya Shakar – specifically You Have More Influence Than You Think episode
- Impulse Brain Training app
More About Natalie Borrell:
Natalie is the Founder of Life Success for Teens. She coached high school and competitive cheerleading for 8 years and this is where she realized that she had a gift for connecting with teenagers and motivating them to be the best version of themselves. She has over ten years of experience working as a school psychologist in a public high school. Her areas of expertise include working with students who have ADHD, executive functioning weaknesses, and other learning differences.
Natalie earned her bachelor’s degree in psychology from Ohio State University in 2004, her masters degree in school psychology in 2006 from Michigan State University, and her Educational Specialist Degree in 2007 from Kent State University. She became a certified Academic Life Coach in 2015 and founded Life Success For Teens in 2016.
When she is not coaching students, Natalie can be found traveling with her family, reading cookbooks, or binge-watching episodes of home decorating shows. One of her favorite parts of coaching is getting a text or email from her former students.
Connect with Natalie Borrell:
- Website: www.lifesuccessforteens.com
- FB group for parents: https://www.facebook.com/groups/LSFTcommunity/
- Instagram: https://www.instagram.com/lifesuccessforteens/
- Get a free 7 Ways to Stop Your Teen from Procrastinating Guide
Connect With the Mom &… Podcast
- Please subscribe to the show wherever you get your podcasts! If you’re so inclined to give us a 5-star rating, we’ll love you forever. Who couldn’t use a little extra love?
- Leave us a message – via voicemail or use our form – with your questions for experts, or suggestions for future episodes.
- Check out our website, where you can find links to all the things!
- Follow our Facebook Page
- Join our private Facebook Group (All you have to do is ask to join, and then be nice once you’re in. So easy!)
- Follow us on Instagram
- Become a patron – check us out on Patreon!
Watch this episode on our YouTube Channel!
Our delightfully happy intro and outro theme music, “We Will Get Through This” is performed by Young Presidents, and used under license from Shutterstock.
Transcript is auto-generated by a robot. Apologies in advance for misspellings or errors.