April 7, 2022 / Mom &… Podcast Episode 65 / Guest: Pat Duckworth
Subscribe & Review Wherever You Listen to Podcasts
“We could talk about this all day!” –Missy and Susanne to Pat Duckworth
What is this? It’s menopause, baby.
This is an episode for everyone. Really, everyone. You’re either going to experience perimenopause and menopause, or you’re going to know someone who does.
Pat Duckworth is a midlife expert. She made one of our favorite career pivots ever, from 30-year civil servant to neuro-linguistics student to menopause maven. We got to talk about everything from how to eat and how to drink (or not, as the case may be), to how workplaces have started creating menopause policy.
This episode is filled with information and encouragement. Pat helps women set themselves up for success in their post-menopausal lives. What an inspiration!
More About Pat Duckworth
Pat Duckworth is a best-selling author, an international speaker and specialist in the area of wellness at menopause. She enjoyed a 30 year career in the British Civil Service becoming a Director in a major department. She has written five books on the subject of women’s health at midlife. In 2021 her book, Menopause: Mind the Gap, was given a 9/10 rating by getAbstract.
Pat is a naturally-gifted public speaker, bringing humor and authenticity to her fact-filled presentations. Pat has worked with organizations in the public and private sectors and received the ‘Heart and Spirit Award’ from the Evolutionary Business Council in 2022.
Topics From This Episode
- Career shifts
- Neuro Linguistic Programming
- Diet during menopause
- Alcohol consumption and menopause
- Lisa Mosconi Ted Talk
- Perimenopause vs. Menopause
- Hormone therapy
- Self advocacy around health
- Menopause policies at work
- Career after 50
Connect with Pat
Look, Listen, Learn
Connect With the Mom &… Podcast
- Please subscribe to the show wherever you get your podcasts! If you’re so inclined to give us a 5-star rating, we’ll love you forever. Who couldn’t use a little extra love?
- Leave us a message – via voicemail or use our form – with your questions for experts, or suggestions for future episodes.
- Check out our website, where you can find links to all the things!
- Follow our Facebook Page
- Join our private Facebook Group (All you have to do is ask to join, and then be nice once you’re in. So easy!)
- Follow us on Instagram
- Become a patron – check us out on Patreon!
Watch This Episode On Our YouTube Channel
Transcript available upon request.