March 30, 2023 / Mom &… Podcast Episode 115 / Guest: Christine Winston
Subscribe and Review wherever you listen to podcasts!
Like many of us, Christine Winston took a couple years off to be the stay-at-home caregiver for her children, and before she knew it a couple years turned into nine years. Some of us are looking at cough… 15+… cough years, so we relate. Christine got involved with Path Forward at its inception, and lucky for us, the organization is now in its seventh year of helping people get back to work after a caregiving break. Whether you’ve been taking care of kids, parents, or even yourself, you can get back to work – and Path Forward is here to help with training and returnships.
Topics From This Episode:
- Resume writing
- Interview skills
- Skill building
- Transferable skills
- Imposter syndrome
- Benefits of coaching
- Value of returners
- Unpaid work that translates to employment
- How to make the most of a career break
Look, Listen, Learn
- Happy mixes and AI DJs on Spotify
- MoeSews sweatshirt
- The Mandalorian
- Smartless episodes with John Favreau and Keanu Reeves
- Getting your child a checking account
More About Christine Winston:
Christine Winston is the acting Executive Director of Path Forward, a nonprofit organization helping people return to their careers after time spent caregiving. In the seven years since Path Forward’s founding, the organization has worked with tens of thousands of returners and helped more than 100 employers implement and expand successful return to work programs that create opportunities for traditionally overlooked talent. Having taken a career break to raise her own children, Christine is driven to help others reengage with their careers and find success and fulfillment both at work and at home.
Prior to Path Forward, Christine spent fifteen years in a diverse set of roles across marketing, communications, strategic planning, and finance at JPMorgan Chase, Moviefone, and AOL. She lives in Connecticut with her husband and two sons.
More about Path Forward:
Path Forward offers returning professionals the opportunity to restart their careers through returnships. Three Path Forward returners were recently profiled on NBC’s TODAY Show!
Returnships are paid, 16-week, mid-career, return-to-work opportunities open to individuals with at least 5 years of professional experience who have been out of the paid workforce for two or more years for caregiving purposes. Learn more: FAQ.
Connect with Path Forward:
Connect With the Mom &… Podcast
- Please subscribe to the show wherever you get your podcasts! If you’re so inclined to give us a 5-star rating, we’ll love you forever. Who couldn’t use a little extra love?
- Leave us a message – via voicemail or use our form – with your questions for experts, or suggestions for future episodes.
- Check out our website, where you can find links to all the things!
- Follow our Facebook Page
- Join our private Facebook Group (All you have to do is ask to join, and then be nice once you’re in. So easy!)
- Follow us on Instagram
- Become a patron – check us out on Patreon!
Transcript is auto-generated by a robot. Apologies in advance for misspellings or errors.