July 13, 2023 / Mom &… Podcast Episode 127 / Guest: Shannon Lee Simmons
Subscribe and Review wherever you listen to podcasts!
A life coach and a financial expert walk into a bar… uh, a podcast. But wait! They’re the same person! Shannon Lee Simmons is the founder of The New School of Finance, a life coach, and author of three books, including her latest, NO-REGRET DECISIONS, MAKING GOOD CHOICES DURING DIFFICULT TIMES. Shannon talked with us about how to make decisions when you feel the weight of the world sitting right on your head. We also covered sharing financial decisions with your children. If you’re prone to regret, or have trouble moving forward, or just wish you felt more confident when making big decisions, this episode is for you!
Topics From This Episode:
- Pandemic struggles [04:23]
- Feeling like you can’t do it all [05:05]
- Panic decisions [06:09]
- Decision crisis [08:48]
- Three phases of a decision crisis [11:23]
- Good decisions with bad outcomes vs bad decisions [13:15]
- How to make regret-free decisions [15:35]
- Values [15:50]
- The Next Normal [16:35
- Giving yourself grace, and understanding that you made the best decision you could [20:02]
- Failure and luck [22:01]
- Manifesting positivity, forward thinking, and understanding how to put your values to work [23:48]
- Pivot points and guardrails to help you make decisions [27:01]
- Sharing financial information and decisions with kids [32:49]
Look, Listen, Learns
- Amy Schumer special, Emergency Contact, on Netflix
- Learned that I can’t check out of my life
- Need waterproof mascara recommendations
- Bunk bed steps from Loft Steps Inc. (use code: LUCKY7 to get 7% off!)*
*Container Store ladder similar to the one Missy got in college. It’s a good investment – Missy’s is still in use!
More About Shannon Lee Simmons:
Shannon Lee Simmons is a Certified Financial Planner (CFP), Chartered Investment Manager (CIM), life coach, media personality, bestselling author and founder of the award winning New School of Finance™.
Shannon is widely recognized as a trailblazer in the Canadian financial planning industry. She is a regular contributor for the Globe and Mail and is a personal finance columnist for CBC’s Metro Morning and a financial expert on The Marilyn Denis Show.
Connect with Shannon Lee Simmons:
Connect With the Mom &… Podcast
- Please subscribe to the show wherever you get your podcasts! If you’re so inclined to give us a 5-star rating, we’ll love you forever. Who couldn’t use a little extra love?
- Leave us a message – via voicemail or use our form – with your questions for experts, or suggestions for future episodes.
- Check out our website, where you can find links to all the things!
- Follow our Facebook Page
- Join our private Facebook Group (All you have to do is ask to join, and then be nice once you’re in. So easy!)
- Follow us on Instagram
- Become a patron – check us out on Patreon!
Transcript is auto-generated by a robot. Apologies in advance for misspellings or errors.