Episode 32: Raquel Kelley, MOMGUL
* * *
In this episode we discuss postpartum depression. If you, or someone you know, is struggling, talk to a trusted healthcare professional, friend, family member, or reach out directly to one of these resources:
- Postpartum Support International – 1-800-944-4773
- Substance Abuse and Mental Health Services Administration Hotline – 1-800-662-HELP (4357)
- Office on Women’s Health
- American Psychological Association
Raquel Kelley’s story is both wholly unique, and completely relatable. She is passionate about helping moms, because as she says, “No matter what career you have, we’re all in this together.”
After experiencing major change in her life – leaving her long-time career, moving across the country, becoming a mom of two – Raquel struggled with postpartum depression. Thankfully, she had a support system around her that helped her take action, and get help. In this episode, we talk about her low point, and how she pivoted to turn that low into a passion project.
Raquel knew she had to make some major changes in her life, and she wanted to help other moms going through similar struggles. Thus, the concept, followed shortly by the podcast, was born. MOMGUL helps moms become moguls, in 15 minutes or less. What is a MOMGUL? You’ll have to listen to get those details.
More About Raquel
Raquel Kelley is a mom and… writer, TV producer, and host of the MOMGUL Podcast. She began her career at E! Entertainment where she worked for over a decade on shows such as Live! From the Red Carpet, Sports Soup, and Fashion Police. She was the Los Angeles expert for Conde Nast at BRIDES Magazine, and has been an internationally featured contributor for The HuffPost.
After having two under two, Raquel moved from Los Angeles to her native Ohio to raise her daughters closer to family. While her life and location may have changed, her career goal remains the same: Make hard things easy to talk about.
People, Places and Things That Come Up
- Dateline (and Keith Morrison)
- Suze Orman
- To Catch a Predator (former host, Chris Hansen, has been in the news lately, we’ll let you google that one)
- Andrea Savage: A Grown-Up Woman #buttholes
Our Looks, Listens, and Learns
- Sex/Life on Netflix
- Beautifully Said: Quotes by Remarkable Women
- The Happiness Project: One-Sentence Journal for Mothers
- I’m Sorry on Netflix
- When We Believed in Mermaids by Barbara O’Neal
- Doing one small task to get unstuck
Connect with Racquel:
How to chat with us, or follow us, and support us!
- We want to hear from you, and we are also excited about talking to someone other than ourselves.
- Please subscribe to the podcast wherever you get your podcasts! If you’re so inclined to give us a 5-star rating, we’ll love you forever. Who couldn’t use a little extra love?
- Leave us a message – via voicemail or use our form – with your questions for experts, or suggestions for future episodes.
- Check out our website, where you can find links to all the things!
- Follow our Facebook Page
- Join our private Facebook Group (All you have to do is ask to join, and then be nice once you’re in. So easy!)
- Follow us on Instagram
- Become a patron – check us out on Patreon!