February 16, 2023 / Mom &… Podcast Episode 108 / Guest: Tami Hackbarth
Listen, Subscribe and Review wherever you listen to podcasts!
Our friend, Tami Hackbarth, is back with us this week to talk more about self-care! (Can there ever be enough self-care talk?) Tami has a new book all about erasing the guilt and making sure you have the mental, physical, and emotional resources required to fuel your work. From parenting to work to activism, and everything in, around, and beyond those things, you can’t show up if you’re depleted.
Topics From This Episode:
- Self Care
- Writing and Publishing
- New book by Tami: The Essential Guide to 100% Guilt-Free Self-Care: Get Your Time and Energy Back to Create the World You Want to Live In.
- Check out Tami’s last visit in Episode 89 of the Mom &… Podcast
- Gretchen Rubin’s Four Tendencies (Fellow Obligers, raise your hands!)
- Body doubling to help with ADHD
- The origins of self-care in the civil rights movement – read this for some background
- Audre Lord
- How to make sure we have the resources we need in order to show up and do our work
- Limiting beliefs
- The Tiny Book Course
- The Calm App (specifically, a bedtime story from Harry Styles)
- Adverse Childhood Experiences (ACEs)
- Setting yourself up for success with proper rest, food, exercise
Look, Listen, Learn
- The Break by Katie Sise
- Need music suggestions – send me your playlists!
- Voiceover Classes from Lonestar VO
- Paint colors and home finishes (with her Eldin-like painter)
- Harry and Meghan on Netflix
- Spare by Prince Harry (audio)
- Rest is Resistance: A Manifesto by Tricia Hersey (The Nap Ministry is a great follow)
- Tomorrow, and Tomorrow, and Tomorrow by Gabrielle Zevin
- Unholy by Sam Smith and Kim Petras
- New shelves for organization
More About Tami Hackbarth:
Tami works with professional women who want to get their time and energy back so they can go after their big life goals. Shei began her career working in politics after graduating from UC Davis. In her mid 30s, she began her second career as an elementary school teacher. It was in her work as a teacher, she found herself physically, mentally and emotionally exhausted. These were the beginning signs of burnout. In response, Tami began practicing 100% Guilt-Free Self-Care. It completely changed her life! Now dedicates her career to helping women change their lives through 100% Guilt-Free Self-Care. She is a certified Life+Work Coach through UC Davis Extension and coaches professional women privately all over the country.
Connect with Tami Hackbarth:
- Website: https://www.tamihackbarth.com/
- Podcast: https://www.tamihackbarth.com/blog (link says blog but it is the podcast!)
- Instagram: https://www.instagram.com/tamihackbarth/
- Facebook: https://www.facebook.com/TamiHackbarth100PercentGuiltFreeSelfCareCoach/
- Twitter: https://twitter.com/TamiHackbarth
Connect With the Mom &… Podcast
- Please subscribe to the show wherever you get your podcasts! If you’re so inclined to give us a 5-star rating, we’ll love you forever. Who couldn’t use a little extra love?
- Leave us a message – via voicemail or use our form – with your questions for experts, or suggestions for future episodes.
- Check out our website, where you can find links to all the things!
- Follow our Facebook Page
- Join our private Facebook Group (All you have to do is ask to join, and then be nice once you’re in. So easy!)
- Follow us on Instagram
- Become a patron – check us out on Patreon!
Watch this episode on our YouTube Channel!
Our delightfully happy intro and outro theme music, “We Will Get Through This” is performed by Young Presidents, and used under license from Shutterstock.
Transcript is auto-generated by a robot. Apologies in advance for misspellings or errors.