November 24, 2022
Mom &… Podcast Re-Release of Episode 10
Guest: Nancy Davis Kho, Midlife Mixtape and The Thank You Project
Subscribe and review wherever you listen to podcasts.
In this season of gratitude, we are re-releasing an episode with one of our gratitude heroes, Nancy Davis Kho. Even if you’ve heard the episode, we think it’s worth another listen!
Nancy Davis Kho is a speaker, author, and podcaster whose work has appeared in the Washington Post, San Francisco Chronicle, and NPR affiliate KQED. Nancy’s book THE THANK-YOU PROJECT: Cultivating Happiness One Letter of Gratitude at a Time was published by Running Press in December 2019. Nancy covers “the years between being hip and breaking one” at MidlifeMixtape.com and on the Midlife Mixtape Podcast, available on all major podcast platforms.
Our conversation traverses from play, to grief, to work and activism, to gratitude. Believe it or not there’s a clear connection from one to the other. Nancy tells us how her career has evolved from international business and technology to the creative work she does now, as well as how she continues to be active in both. We talk about having the freedom to switch things up. You don’t have to be this or that. You can be both or neither.
Activism is important to Nancy, and to us, leading to a discussion about making activism a priority, whether it’s your career or something you do in addition to your career. In fact, there are options to get involved in as little as one hour a week.
In talking about Nancy’s book, The Thank You Project, we were incredibly moved by how it came to be. Writing the book changed her in a deep and meaningful way; talking about it forever changed how we look at the concept of gratitude. We hope our listeners feel the same, and together we can make gratitude part of our growth journeys.
Topics, People, Etc. That Come Up
- Aesha Ash
- Showing Up for Racial Justice (SURJ)
- Caste by Isabel Wilkerson
- Austin Channing Brown
- Persona on HBO
Look, Listen, Learn Segment
- Warrior on HBO
- Strange Boy, an album from Kate Davis
- Waking Up White: And Finding Myself in the Story of Race by Debbie Irving
- In & Of Itself on Hulu
Connect with Nancy:
How to chat with us, or follow us, and support us!
- We want to hear from you (and we are excited about talking to someone other than ourselves.)
- Please subscribe to the podcast wherever you get your podcasts! If you’re so inclined to give us a 5-star rating, we’ll love you forever. And who couldn’t use a little extra love?
- Leave us a message – via voicemail or use our form – with your questions for experts, or suggestions for future episodes.
- Check out our website, where you can find links to all the things!
- Follow our Facebook Page
- Join our private Facebook Group
- Follow us on Instagram
- Become a patron – check us out on Patreon!