December 2, 2022 / Mom &… Podcast Episode 98 / Guest: Ashley Reckdenwald
Subscribe and Review wherever you listen to podcasts!
Ashley says the collision of motherhood and career was “like an explosion.” We think most of our listeners can relate that sentiment. Her company, Working Mom Notes, was born out of the need for help – resources, advice, and support.
In our conversation we cover the minefields and the benefits of talking about parenting on the internet. We also talk a little about podcasting duos, something we’re all familiar with, and then we dive into the challenges working moms face right now.
Topics From This Episode:
- The politics of motherhood
- Paid leave
- Flexible schedules
- Reproductive rights
- Women helping women to overcome challenges
- Prowess Project (check out our episode with Ashley Connell, Founder & CEO of Prowess Project)
- Quiet Quitting vs. Healthy Boundaries
- Leadership skills
Look, Listen, Learn
- Hasan Minhaj, The King’s Jester (and this Jeopardy kerfuffle)
- Nick Kroll special, Little Big Boy
- (In our discussion about comics becoming parents, Amy Schumer and Jenna Friedman came up)
- Stick Season by Noah Kahan
- Cooking to Mary Chapin Carpenter
- L’Oreal Infallible 24 Fresh Hour Wear Foundation (<– warning, this link plays music… loudly)
- Dr. Becky Kennedy, Good Inside
- Dr. Kenney on the We Can Do Hard Things podcast
- Self-acceptance, and focusing on our insides
- House of the Dragon on HBO
- The Handmaid’s Tale, season 5
- Pod Save America
- Learning about Syracuse and Rochester (with help from Nancy Davis Kho, and a shoutout to Wendi Aarons)
More About Ashley:
Ashley is a mom and… co-host of the Motherhood & Career Collide Podcast, Founder of Working Mom Notes, and a physician associate.
Ashley uses Instagram to shed light on the day-to-day struggles and triumphs of working mothers, such as salary gaps, work travel, maternity leave rights, and how to set boundaries both professionally and personally.
Ashley has a Bachelor of Science in Athletic Training and Biology. She worked in Manhattan for a physical therapy company as an Athletic Trainer performing sports medicine rehabilitation. She then went on to graduate school and received a Bachelor of Science in Health Sciences and a Master of Science in Physician Assistant Studies. She is a Physician Associate with a specialty in orthopedics and sports medicine.
Ashley lives in New Jersey, is married and now a mother to three girls and currently spends her days focused on Working Mom Notes and advocating for working women nationwide.
Connect with Ashley:
Connect With the Mom &… Podcast
- Please subscribe to the show wherever you get your podcasts! If you’re so inclined to give us a 5-star rating, we’ll love you forever. Who couldn’t use a little extra love?
- Leave us a message – via voicemail or use our form – with your questions for experts, or suggestions for future episodes.
- Check out our website, where you can find links to all the things!
- Follow our Facebook Page
- Join our private Facebook Group (All you have to do is ask to join, and then be nice once you’re in. So easy!)
- Follow us on Instagram
- Become a patron – check us out on Patreon!
Transcript available upon request