February 9, 2023 / Mom &… Podcast Episode 107 / Guest: Erin Pepler
Subscribe and Review wherever you listen to podcasts!
It was so great to finally have Erin on the show. Longtime listeners may recognize her name as the Hero in the Raspberry Compote Incident at the 2018 Mom2.0 Conference. She saved the day, and Susanne’s pants, with a Tide Pen at a crucial moment.
In addition to being a Stain Treating Tycoon, Erin is also an accomplished writer. We got to talk about what it’s like to pursue a writing career while parenting. We also talk about terrible board games (Chutes & Ladders, anyone?), and what it feels like to want a break so badly you start thinking of wild ways to achieve that time off. Turns out, there are some self care options that don’t require a hospital stay.
We are giving away three (3!) copies of Erin’s book, Send Me Into the Woods Alone.
Want to win? (Yes, you do.) Sign up for our newsletter before March 1, 2023 – all the details will be in the March newsletter.
Topics From This Episode:
- Writing while parenting
- Creative ways to find extra time
- Writing space
- Writing time
- Board games
- Tide pens
- Self care
- Self care as preservation in the black community
- Audre Lorde
- Support systems
- Boredom in parenting
- Division of labor
Look, Listen, Learn
- Fayne by Ann-Marie MacDonald
- Baby on the Fire Escape by Julie Phillips
- Scandinavian crime shows on Netflix
- It’s Always Sunny in Philadelphia
- Tranquility by Tuesday Challenge with Laura Vanderkam and time tracking (listen to our episode with Laura!)
- Lost Children Archive by Valeria Luiselli
- Upstairs Circus in Austin
More About Erin:
Erin Pepler is a freelance writer who lives in the greater Toronto area with her husband and two kids. Her work has appeared in Romper, Today’s Parent, Chatelaine, MoneySense, Best Health, Reader’s Digest, Broadview Magazine and more. Erin’s first book, Send Me Into The Woods Alone: Essays On Motherhood, was featured in The Globe and Mail, CBC Books, The Toronto Star, Quill & Quire and Publisher’s Weekly. When she isn’t making her kids’ lunches or venting about politics on Twitter, Erin is working on her second collection of essays.
Connect with Erin:
Images from the Episode:
Connect With the Mom &… Podcast
- Please subscribe to the show wherever you get your podcasts! If you’re so inclined to give us a 5-star rating, we’ll love you forever. Who couldn’t use a little extra love?
- Leave us a message – via voicemail or use our form – with your questions for experts, or suggestions for future episodes.
- Check out our website, where you can find links to all the things!
- Follow our Facebook Page
- Join our private Facebook Group (All you have to do is ask to join, and then be nice once you’re in. So easy!)
- Follow us on Instagram
- Become a patron – check us out on Patreon!
Transcript is auto-generated by a robot. Apologies in advance for misspellings or errors.