April 14, 2022 / Mom &… Podcast Episode 66 / Guest: Jennifer King Lindley
Subscribe & Review Wherever You Listen to Podcasts
Jennifer King Lindley writes about positive psychology. Regular listeners may remember that we learned about positive psychology in episode 38 with guest, Ann Imig, who is a positive psychology coach. Jennifer helped us continue exploring how positive psychology principles can change our brains, and help us manage in this chaotic world.
We know listeners will walk away from this episode with actionable ways to find their joy. From tips to help you stop doom scrolling, and ideas about how to incorporate a gratitude practice in a few minutes every day, Jennifer delivers her wisdom with humor and insight. She also challenged us to write our seven-word biographies. It’s not easy, but it can be very clarifying!
More About Jennifer King Lindley
Jennifer is a mom and… writer and editor of more than 25 years. Her writing appears regularly in Real Simple, O, the Oprah Magazine, Parents, Martha Stewart Living, Good Housekeeping, Health, Family Circle, and many other publications. She has written about everything from rent-a-chickens to fear of clowns, but focuses on parenting, psychology, and health.
Her book, Find Your Joy, is packed with actionable tips from leading experts in the emerging fields of positive psychology on topics such as self-compassion, finding your purpose, savoring, gratitude, and everyday mindfulness.
Jennifer graduated from Dartmouth College with a degree in English and has an MA in English Literature from Boston College.
Topics From This Episode
- Brene Brown and making a heart on a random page – write in your books!
- Martin Seligman
- Gratitude practice
- Doom scrolling
- Media diets
- Olga Mecking
- Nancy Davis Kho, The Thank You Project
- Amit Kumar, University of Texas
- Anthony L. Burrow
- Stacy Kim, The Lighthouse Method
- Seven-word biography
Connect with Jennifer
Look, Listen, Learn
Connect With the Mom &… Podcast
- Please subscribe to the show wherever you get your podcasts! If you’re so inclined to give us a 5-star rating, we’ll love you forever. Who couldn’t use a little extra love?
- Leave us a message – via voicemail or use our form – with your questions for experts, or suggestions for future episodes.
- Check out our website, where you can find links to all the things!
- Follow our Facebook Page
- Join our private Facebook Group (All you have to do is ask to join, and then be nice once you’re in. So easy!)
- Follow us on Instagram
- Become a patron – check us out on Patreon!
Watch This Episode On Our YouTube Channel
Transcript available upon request.