January 5, 2023 / Mom &… Podcast Episode 103 / Guest: Kimberly Didrikson
Subscribe and Review wherever you listen to podcasts!
Kimberly Didrikson says that she was on a career track she loved, and then once her son was born she didn’t know who she was or where she was going anymore. Sound familiar? We definitely resonated with that phenomenon. This episode is all about supporting mothers as they navigate their new reality as moms &… (see what we did there?).
Topics From This Episode:
- Practicing/rehearsing for transitions
- Employee retention
- Motherhood and Career Collide podcast
- Starting a business
- Separation anxiety
- Parental leave policy
- Voting for strong policies
- Taking emotion out of decision-making
- Allowing yourself to make a decision that works for right now, and change your mind later
Look, Listen, Learn
- Spirited on AppleTV (still listening to the soundtrack after the holidays!)
- Now is Not the Time to Panic by Kevin Wilson
- Story Summit class on writing holiday movies
- The Dictionary of Lost Words by Pip Williams
- Know your non-negotiables when considering a new role (listen to our episode with Cait Swamy for more)
More About Kimberly:
Kimberly spent 15 years growing her career at a Fortune 100 company. She held roles in business development, account management, and was part of building a new sales division in managed teams with portfolios of over $20 million in yearly sales.
Her career was essentially her baby, and then she had a real baby, an event that absolutely turned her world upside down. After becoming a parent, she discovered a deep passion for supporting working mothers through this transition into motherhood, while also helping organizations retain mothers as they enter into a new season of life with the growth of their families.
Connect with Kimberly:
Connect With the Mom &… Podcast
- Please subscribe to the show wherever you get your podcasts! If you’re so inclined to give us a 5-star rating, we’ll love you forever. Who couldn’t use a little extra love?
- Leave us a message – via voicemail or use our form – with your questions for experts, or suggestions for future episodes.
- Check out our website, where you can find links to all the things!
- Follow our Facebook Page
- Join our private Facebook Group (All you have to do is ask to join, and then be nice once you’re in. So easy!)
- Follow us on Instagram
- Become a patron – check us out on Patreon!