January 12, 2023 / Mom &… Podcast Episode 104 / Featuring the Hosts
Subscribe and Review wherever you listen to podcasts!
This week features Susanne and Missy, sans guest, talking about prep work we’re doing for an upcoming episode with Laura Vanderkam. We’re working on our time management skills, and tracking our time to help us understand where the hours go. Spoiler: a lot of hours go to a lot of unproductive activities.
We also spend some of the episode talking about what’s going on in our lives right now, and you won’t be surprised to find out we get sidetracked multiple times. The conversation ranges from Covid to raccoons to football. There’s something for everyone!
Topics From This Episode:
- The 2023 Time Tracking Challenge by Laura Vanderkam
- Laura Vanderkam’s books: https://lauravanderkam.com/books/
- Covid (will we ever NOT be talking about Covid?)
- Time Management
- Time Tracking
- Distraction (like photo filters… see below)
- Avoidance techniques
- Anne Lamott
- Raccoons (check out this TikTok account: wilbur.andgracie)
Look, Listen, Learn
We didn’t do an official Look, Listen, Learn this week, but we did talk about some of the things we are watching and doing:
- Bad Sisters on AppleTV
- Tell Me Lies on Hulu
- Emily in Paris on Netflix
- The Sex Lives of College Girls on HBOMax
- Sex Education on Netflix
- I Love That For You on Showtime
- Ghosts (BBC version)
- Fleishman is in Trouble on Hulu
- TCU in the College Football National Championship (and the California rain)
Photos of things we talked about:
Missy as Princess Fiona?
Our friend (and guest), Abby Mathews on Instagram with her cow!
The map from Missy’s shuttle bus adventure at the CFB National Championship in Los Angeles
Connect With the Mom &… Podcast
- Please subscribe to the show wherever you get your podcasts! If you’re so inclined to give us a 5-star rating, we’ll love you forever. Who couldn’t use a little extra love?
- Leave us a message – via voicemail or use our form – with your questions for experts, or suggestions for future episodes.
- Check out our website, where you can find links to all the things!
- Follow our Facebook Page
- Join our private Facebook Group (All you have to do is ask to join, and then be nice once you’re in. So easy!)
- Follow us on Instagram
- Become a patron – check us out on Patreon!
Watch this episode on our YouTube Channel!
Our delightfully happy intro and outro theme music, “We Will Get Through This” is performed by Young Presidents, and used under license from Shutterstock.
Transcript is auto-generated by a robot. Apologies in advance for misspellings or errors.