March 31, 2022 / Mom &… Podcast Episode 64 / Guest: Zibby Owens
Subscribe & Review wherever you listen to podcasts
Even though Zibby Owens told us that her career never really made sense to her until very recently, there has been one common thread: After a tragedy, Zibby decided that whatever she was doing had to be worth dying for. That guiding principal has shaped everything she’s done since.
Anyone with a varied career history, and multiple passion projects, will immediately connect with Zibby. She joined us to talk about how her career has evolved, and how she decides what to pursue. We also talked through some nuts & bolts, including how Zibby manages her time.
Our conversation included a Mom &… Podcast favorite: values. Caffeine, B12, and the knowledge that our time here is not infinite, all drive Zibby to keep creating and keep going. With that drive, however, there are some challenges. Zibby told us about how she’s had to reevaluate her values recently in order to make time for her physical health.
More About Zibby Owens
Zibby Owens is a mom and.. author, podcaster, publisher, and CEO. Zibby founded Zibby Owens Media, a privately-held media company designed to help busy people live their best lives by connecting to books and each other. One division is Moms Don’t Have Time To, the home for Zibby’s podcasts, publications (including two anthologies), and communities. The other is Zibby Books, a publishing home for fiction and memoir which she co-founded with Leigh Newman. Her award-winning podcast, Moms Don’t Have Time to Read Books, has been downloaded millions of times. She is a regular columnist for Good Morning America, Katie Couric Media, and Moms Don’t Have Time to Write on Medium. Her upcoming memoir, Bookends: A Memoir of Love, Loss, and Literature, comes out July 1st. Her first children’s book Princess Charming (Flamingo/Penguin Random House) debuts April 19th, and will be followed by a second. She lives in New York with her husband and four children.
Topics From This Episode
- Zibby Owens Media
- Moms Don’t Have Time To…
- Time Management
- Career path
Connect with Zibby
Look, Listen, Learn
- 70s and 80s country music (just asking our robot overlord, aka Siri, to play and she’s been coming up with some good, nostalgic stuff)
- Pivoting on Fox
- ZCast shows:
- Ask a Librarian with Julie Chavez,
- Quit Your Day Job with Alisha Fernandez Miranda,
- And Zibby’s shows, Mom’s Don’t Have Time to Read Books, and
- SexTok with Zibby and Tracey
- The Addiction Inoculation by Jessica Lahey
Connect With the Mom &… Podcast
- Please subscribe to the show wherever you get your podcasts! If you’re so inclined to give us a 5-star rating, we’ll love you forever. Who couldn’t use a little extra love?
- Leave us a message – via voicemail or use our form – with your questions for experts, or suggestions for future episodes.
- Check out our website, where you can find links to all the things!
- Follow our Facebook Page
- Join our private Facebook Group (All you have to do is ask to join, and then be nice once you’re in. So easy!)
- Follow us on Instagram
- Become a patron – check us out on Patreon!
Watch This Episode On Our YouTube Channel
Our delightfully happy intro and outro theme music, “We Will Get Through This” is performed by Young Presidents, and used under license from Shutterstock.
Transcript available upon request.