June 30, 2022 / Mom &… Podcast Episode 77 / Summer Camp for Moms with Guest: Carol Fishman Cohen
Subscribe and Review Wherever You Listen to Podcasts
Welcome to the second week of Summer Camp for Moms! We are currently running a month of re-plays focused on helping moms discover and develop their passions while their kids are off doing that same thing at their own camps this summer.
This week we are re-running our episode with the original relauncher, Carol Fishman Cohen. She’s often referred to as the Godmother of Relaunchers, and after talking with her, we agree.
Original Show Notes:
So, you’ve been home for a while, and out of the workforce. Maybe you’re raising children, or perhaps you’re caring for elderly or ill family members. It’s time, though. You’re ready to get back out there and go back to work. But how?
It’s daunting, and don’t we know it. Enter: iRelaunch. Our guest, Carol Fishman Cohen, is a former relauncher. She knows first hand what it’s like to go from career to break, and back again. Carol and her team now work with companies around the world to develop programs that help relaunchers get back to work. She shared her journey with us, and her expertise about what it takes to forge a new start.
You have to listen for all the scoop, but we promise you this: what follows are specific, actionable steps. Carol provides detailed information about what companies are looking for, what relaunchers need to know, where to go for support, and how to set yourself up for re-launching success
More About Carol:
Carol is a mom and… builder of corporate career reentry programs, leader of the iRelaunch #returntowork community (over 100k strong!) and all around pioneer in the career re-entry space. And of course, she is the co-author of the ultimate “back to work” bible, Back On the Career Track.
Her viral TED talk “How to Get Back to Work After a Career Break,” has over 3.6 million views and is translated into 30 languages. She is the host of the popular 3,2,1 iRelaunch podcast and, together with her iRelaunch team, produces the iRelaunch Return to Work Conferences, working with over 100 global companies on return to work programs of all kinds. She is a graduate of Pomona College and Harvard Business School, and lives outside of Boston.
Topics From This Episode
- Oliver Shinkten, LinkedIn Educator
- Catchafire.org – Skills-based volunteer matching
- Working Identity by Herminia Ibarra
- Toastmasters (This one comes up A LOT… We’re going to do it, and you know we’ll do some podcasting about it.)
- Hell’s Kitchen
Connect with iRelaunch:
Look, Listen, Learn
- Accidental pumpkin farming
- The Deepest Well by Dr. Nadine Burke Harris
- Late Bloomers by Rick Karlgaard
- Luca on Disney+
- LEGO Masters
Connect With the Mom &… Podcast
- Please subscribe to the show wherever you get your podcasts! If you’re so inclined to give us a 5-star rating, we’ll love you forever. Who couldn’t use a little extra love?
- Leave us a message – via voicemail or use our form – with your questions for experts, or suggestions for future episodes.
- Check out our website, where you can find links to all the things!
- Follow our Facebook Page
- Join our private Facebook Group (All you have to do is ask to join, and then be nice once you’re in. So easy!)
- Follow us on Instagram
- Become a patron – check us out on Patreon!
Watch This Episode On our YouTube Channel
Our delightfully happy intro and outro theme music, “We Will Get Through This” is performed by Young Presidents, and used under license from Shutterstock.
Transcript available upon request.