October 27, 2022 / Mom &… Podcast Episode 96 / Guest: Heather Black
Subscribe and Review wherever you listen to podcasts!
You’ve probably seen Salesforce ads with the cute little cloud, but if you’re like us, you didn’t understand the scope of the company. Our guest this week, Heather Black, is a Salesforce expert who has used her skills to create a flexible, profitable career. Heather started Supermums to help other moms achieve their career goals, too.
This week we explore Salesforce opportunities, and how Supermums supports parents. Heather also has wise things to say about confidence, mental health, and lifestyle choices that help moms avoid burnout.
Topics From This Episode:
- Work from home
- Flexible careers
- Skills training
- Professional growth
- Income gaps
- Career pause
- Being present
- The value of coaching
Look, Listen, Learn
- Iliza Shlesinger, Hot Forever
- Naked Lunch Podcast with Phil Rosenthal and David Wild, episode with Henry Winkler (Missy’s first love)
- The joy of a solo road trip, and a shoutout to our Jenny Remington episode about planning a solo retreat
- The Unseen Wounds of Women: A Collection of Stories from Real Women Who Stopped People Pleasing, Tamed Their Shame, and Unlocked Their Invisible Cage to Freedom, by Caroline Strawson. Heather has a story in the book, about narcissistic trauma.
- Caroline Strawson’s Podcast – The Narcissistic Trauma Recovery Podcast
- Apps that provide positive affirmations and Bible teachings
- Yoga workshop
- Working on resume and cover letter
- Mentioned in Episode 94 with Kat Vellos – April Willis (Expert rec thanks to Shellie Hayes-McMahon – go listen to Shellie and Crystal Mason talk about voter suppression and voter intimidation on Mom &… Podcast
- ACL Festival and being there with her kids, reminiscing about Spoon (and this video)
- Buying – and actually taking delivery of – a new car
More About Heather:
Heather Black is a mom and… founder of Supermums, a company working to reduce the gender pay gap and support women returners by helping them forge a career within the Salesforce sector.
In 2016, after the birth of her second daughter, Heather decided she wanted to share the benefits of schedule flexibility she experienced working with Salesforce, so she created the Supermums Programme.
Since November 2016, Supermums has welcomed over 700+ trainees (mums and a couple of dads), from 10+ different countries to the Supermums family.
Connect with Heather:
Connect With the Mom &… Podcast
- Please subscribe to the show wherever you get your podcasts! If you’re so inclined to give us a 5-star rating, we’ll love you forever. Who couldn’t use a little extra love?
- Leave us a message – via voicemail or use our form – with your questions for experts, or suggestions for future episodes.
- Check out our website, where you can find links to all the things!
- Follow our Facebook Page
- Join our private Facebook Group (All you have to do is ask to join, and then be nice once you’re in. So easy!)
- Follow us on Instagram
- Become a patron – check us out on Patreon!
Watch this episode on our YouTube Channel!
Our delightfully happy intro and outro theme music, “We Will Get Through This” is performed by Young Presidents, and used under license from Shutterstock.
Transcript is auto-generated by a robot. Apologies in advance for misspellings or errors.