August 26, 2022 / Mom &… Podcast Episode 85 / New School Year Resolutions
Subscribe and Review Wherever You Listen to Podcasts
We don’t know about you, but even before we were parents back-to-school time was our true New Year, not January. With the exception of the years between graduating from college and having children, life has pretty much always functioned on an August-to-May timeline. It feels like the perfect time to explore some of what we’ve learned, but have yet to put into practice on a regular basis: Welcome to New [School] Year Resolutions Week.
Topics From This Episode
- Covid tests (expired)
- Cara Harvey & her perspective on living life in seasons
- Lasts for our kids, and ourselves
- Prepping for what happens after the lasts
- Be.Real app
- Stranger Things, and the differences in 80s vs now
- Avoidance techniques
- Clog socks – see photos
- Roomba – see photos
- We’re on TikTok and working on more videos!
- How to prevent social media eating our brains
- Catherine Pearlman episode
- Jodi Silverman’s FB group – Moms Who Dare
- Judith Gaton’s episode, and her recommendation to just “do one thing”
Our New [School] Year Resolutions:
- Create healthy boundaries for social media
- Learn to “eat the frog” (shout out to Julie Cole), do the thing you are putting off
- Revisit our values
- Elevate conversations with other moms in our circles
Connect With the Mom &… Podcast
- Please subscribe to the show wherever you get your podcasts! If you’re so inclined to give us a 5-star rating, we’ll love you forever. Who couldn’t use a little extra love?
- Leave us a message – via voicemail or use our form – with your questions for experts, or suggestions for future episodes.
- Check out our website, where you can find links to all the things!
- Follow our Facebook Page
- Join our private Facebook Group (All you have to do is ask to join, and then be nice once you’re in. So easy!)
- Follow us on Instagram
- Become a patron – check us out on Patreon!
Watch This Episode On Our YouTube Channel
Our delightfully happy intro and outro theme music, “We Will Get Through This” is performed by Young Presidents, and used under license from Shutterstock.
Transcript is auto-generated by a robot. Apologies in advance for misspellings or errors.