October 14, 2021
Mom &… Podcast
Episode 40: What We’ve Learned in 40 Weeks of Podcasting
Hosts Susanne Kerns and Missy Stevens talk about what they’ve learned in 40 weeks of interviewing life coaches, career coaches, and women who are embracing life in their ellipses. After more than 40 episodes (40 numbered episodes, plus bonus episodes and a monthly Tipsy Ellipses), Missy and Susanne were ready to reflect on the skills and knowledge they’ve gained around career breaks, career pivots, relaunching, and more. And as always, there’s a Look, Listen, Learn segment, though it’s a bit of a speed round since the main discussion was too good to keep it brief.
Topics From This Episode
- Some things we’ve learned from our guests that we have put into practice in our lives.
- Some things we’ve learned that we love, but haven’t quite mastered yet.
- Some things we realized we were already doing well (backs, patted).
Resources and Links From This Episode
- Sign up for the Mom &… Podcast Newsletter, and you’ll get a copy of our one-pager, Connecting the Dots: Recurring Themes We Hear From Coaches
- Mom2.0Summit Everywhere – happening right now!
- No Pants Required podcast with Jen Mann
- Nancy Davis Kho
- Julie Lythcott-Haims
- Stephanie Barron Hall
- Jenny Remington
- Stacy Kim
- Ann Imig
- Justine Sones
- Carrying Hope, foster care organization in Austin, TX
- KJ Dell’Antonia
- Cara Harvey and time blocking (also Jen Mann talked to us about time blocking)
- Danielle Bettmann
- Maria Luque, PhD
- Michelle Garrett
- Shannon Rafalowski
- Suzanne Brown
- CASA of Williamson County
- Lisen Stromberg
- Referenced many other episodes. If we missed a link above, you can easily access all Mom &… Podcast episodes, along with show notes and links to every guest’s social media, here.
Look, Listen, Learn
- Megan Logan, Self-Love Workbook for Women
- LuLaRich (but we’re saving our discussion for when we have more time)
- The Man Who Died Twice: A Thursday Murder Club Mystery, by Richard Osman
- The Shit No One Tells You About Writing podcast
Connect With the Mom &… Podcast
- Please subscribe to the show wherever you get your podcasts! If you’re so inclined to give us a 5-star rating, we’ll love you forever. Who couldn’t use a little extra love?
- Leave us a message – via voicemail or use our form – with your questions for experts, or suggestions for future episodes.
- Check out our website, where you can find links to all the things!
- Follow our Facebook Page
- Join our private Facebook Group (All you have to do is ask to join, and then be nice once you’re in. So easy!)
- Follow us on Instagram
- Become a patron – check us out on Patreon!